Sunday, July 09, 2006

 

Update on Kittens

I brought two of the Molokai kittens to the Humane Society last week when I went in for my volunteer interview. I brought the Siamese because he is so friendly and playful and I knew he'd get adopted fast. I also brought in BW because he is the friendliest of the feral kittens. I was hoping they would get adopted together because the Humane Society has a "2 for 1" deal until the end of July.

I was able to visit them in Family Room 1 after finishing my volunteer orientation. Ming, the Siamese, was getting lots of attention which he loves. BW was in the outside part of the enclosure sleeping in a litterbox top.

I didn't bring Shifty or Sweetie because they aren't socialized enough yet. Sweetie is getting there but I am worried about Shifty. He was trapped ten days after his siblings and is more afraid. The good news is he purrs almost immediately when I pet him and he is hiding a little less when I visit them in my bathroom.

I got a call from someone involved in spay/neuter and it turns out that the Humane Society gets A LOT more cats than I thought. That means, of course, cats get euthanized because there is not enough room. Sad, but true, which is why EVERYONE needs to get their cats fixed!

Well right now I am trying to figure out what to do. I am worried BW might not get adopted and I'm not sure I should bring in Sweetie or Shifty. I have cats coming out of my ears but I want to do what's best for each of them.

The good news is I should be getting three male strays fixed pretty soon through the Maui Feline Foundation, which costs me nothing! That's a huge relief after spending thousands the past two years on my rescue attempts.

Comments:
That's terribly hard: Knowing you need to give them to an organization which might be able to help them, but at the same time, realizing that they will probably be put down if they cannot be adopted. Hopefully, with other steps (Petfinder, posting about them on your blog, etc.) they can be adopted quicker.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


end telemarketers